Up | Down

 

[SundayStroll]

~ ~
Today is such a lovely Sunday, so I decided to wake up a bit early and went out, heading to Saba’ Islamic Media, checking Sheikh Yusuf Estes’ DVD, but unfortunately they has not yet released it. Maybe next month, the girl at the counter said. Maybe.

So, I aimlessly strolled around, had my breakfast and went to MPH Bookstore. After a quick chat with Shah (my ex-workmate), I quickly grabbed four books to read. I have quite a plenty time to kill, so there I was, with four books and one magazine in both of my hands I steadily crept at the very back of the last, hidden shelf, sat down and started enjoying the feast before my eyes.

Here are the books that I had a quick flip through;


1. Love Letters of Great Men edited by Ursula Doyle MacMillan.

Have you noticed the book that Sex and the City’s Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker) read in an on-the-bed-scene? Well, the book was actually just a mock-up prop in the movie, but YES, people start digging for it. So, this Ursula Doyle smartly turns it into a cash cow! Ka-ching! You can read Love letters of Victor Hugo, Nopoleon Bonaparte, Victor Hugo, Oscar Wilde, Alexander Pope and etcetras; famous men with pen in hand and heart in mouth!

I didn’t buy the book. Too romantic for unromantic me.

2. Brida and The Zahir by Paulo Coelho

I don’t have to read the synopsis, comments, review, or whatevershit when it comes to Paulo Coelho. I Love his work so much. I haven’t read this book and I don’t even care to read the synopsis. I just want to buy this book. Period.

3. Ayat-Ayat Cinta by Habiburrahman El Shirazy

I Love the movie so much. But I hear some hearsays that the Novel is much, much better that the movie. So I decided to buy the book and by I’m typing this, I’m already at page 28! Not so impressive, aye?

4. Off The Edge (magazine)

I Love how Patrick Teoh write about them politicians. He’s a genius. It will cost you RM 6. I can buy a plate of Pak Li's Mee Goreng Mamak dengan Ipoh White Coffee with that cash. So, I didn't buy it. I've read it though!


I ended up buying 2 books; Paulo Coelho's The Zahir and Habiburrahman's Ayat-Ayat Cinta with 30% discount! and I still haven't finish reading Animal Farm. Urgh!


p/s: I bribed them workers with 1/2 dozen Big Apple's doughnuts. Future investment, I must say. Hahaha!



0 comments:

Post a Comment