"Place: Karekar Ave., at the corner crossing Khosravi St. and Salehi st.
A young woman who was standing aside with her father watching the protests was shot by a basij member hiding on the rooftop of a civilian house. He had clear shot at the girl and could not miss her. However, he aimed straight her heart. I am a doctor, so I rushed to try to save her. But the impact of the gunshot was so fierce that the bullet had blasted inside the victim's chest, and she died in less than 2 minutes.
The protests were going on about 1 kilometers away in the main street and some of the protesting crowd were running from tear gass used among them, towards Salehi St.
The film is shot by my friend who was standing beside me.
Please let the world know."
Of late, the turbulent aftermath of Iran's election has been my latest magnetic concern. Kudos to you, Afiq for posting this, and I hope that everyone should at least pay heed on this kind of issues that tainted our Islamic history. we should really get out from our snug comfy little Boleh-land and start looking at others to reflect back to our own society and history in the making. In fact, the crisis that's happening in Iran is getting bloodier everyday.
I stopped reading 'Reading Lolita in Tehran' for this time being, because the book is so heavy with controversial Iranian issues. Some backgrounds: Since the Iranian Islamic Revolution in 1979, the face of Iran never be the same again. It also been called an event that "made Islamic fundamentalism a political force... from Morocco to Malaysia". With Shiah cleric Ayatollah Khomeini as its de facto leader of the movement, Tehran had many major changes. But now, the latest election's result had initiated a very controversial question; Did Ahmedinejad really win?
No one knows that.
I am very well aware that, to get everyone on this earth be enrolled under one banner is almost impossible. Nevertheless, the heterogeneity should make humans more mysterious yet wonderful, aren't we? But in the name of fucking politics, we brothers and sisters readily to shed blood and hurt each others. Some of us ignorantly neglect such tragedy because it's happening on the other side of the globe owing to the fact that such thing won't affect us much anyways. Therefore we didn't even bother to even be mindful of such issues. Always remember that, politics should never be the reason for us to be torn apart or be a license for us to kill or hurt each other. Ever.
Let us pray the best for our brothers and sisters. That is the least that we can do, aren't we?
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing"
I've just realized that, my life is pretty amazing. I make new friends along the way and a very supportive family to guide my way in life. Looking back in time, I was born on 14th October, 1987 and that means I've been living my life for 7,921 days! Phew!
However, in the mean time, there are several life lessons that need to be highlighted as a constant reminder for myself, and whomsoever that need to reminded out there.
1. "Go with the flow" is a total idiotic phrase. Only dead fish swims with the flow.
2. Make new friends. Ditch bad friends.
3. When you have to many things in mind and under pressure, take a nap.
4. Being single does not mean you are a sore loser. You're just a little bit picky.
5. It's OK to watch 'Devil Wears Prada' for the 78th time. Resistance is futile.
6. Make peace with your past, so it won't screw up your future.
7. Life is too short. Don't waste time by hating others.
8. Commit mistakes. They can't swallow you, anyways.
9. Saying 'Sorry' will heal better than Time.
10. Do not envy others. You already have everything.
11. Get outside. Meet new people. Start a conversation. Miracles are everywhere.
12. It's OK for boys to cry. Even Hitler shed tears too. (I think)
13. Use clean towels. Change your bed sheets. Do your laundry. Be hygienic.
14. Happiness is in you. Don't look for it in others.
15. Always choose life. Cherish it always.
I am happy. Truly.
I heart the believer a.k.a Guy #2
I (effin') heart the mindless, amazing GUY #3.
... GUY # 49 is irrelevant.